unit test failures on some arch: rpn2 and xport1

unit test failures on some arch: rpn2 and xport1

Jean-Michel Vourgère
Hi,

3 attached files are the result of test-suite.log on 3 different
architectures.

1. xport1
---------

I tried building 1.5.4 on all architectures, with rpn2 disabled, and I
get a bunch of issues in xport1:
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rrdtool
:(

Looking at hurd-i386 and armel logs, we can see there still are some
issues with rounding. Both arch fails, but not at in the same way.
Should we go DIFF8 instead of DIFF9 ? :/

This is just a rounding issue.

2. rpn2
-------

I disabled the test because it doesn't work on my amd64:
week result is 3600 where it should be 720.
However, this test works on hurd-i386 and armel. Oo

There's something very wrong here. I did not look into it yet.

test-suite-amd64.log (5K) Download Attachment
test-suite-hurd-i386.log (2K) Download Attachment
test-suite-armel.log (2K) Download Attachment

Re: unit test failures on some arch: rpn2 and xport1

Jean-Michel Vourgère
Jean-Michel Vourgère wrote:
> Should we go DIFF8 instead of DIFF9 ? :/

Actually, 8 still is too much.
On hurd-i386 and armel, in xport1.json, we have a raw output of
"3.417131125e-02".

On hurd-i386:
> (sid_hurd-i386-dchroot)nirgal@exodar:$ echo "3.417131125e-02" | perl -p -e 's/([-+]?\d\.\d+e[-+]\d+)/sprintf("%0.8e",$1)/ge'
3.41713112e-02