rpmbuild rrdtool-1.5.3 missing source1, patch1

rpmbuild rrdtool-1.5.3 missing source1, patch1

Daniel Letai
When doing a simple
rpmbuild -ta rrdtool-1.5.3.tar.gz
I get the following error:
error: File php4-r1190.tar.gz: No such file or directory

I have located this file in the fedora pkgs repo:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/rrdtool/php4-r1190.tar.gz/28074a9c368af013462631959ab90558/php4-r1190.tar.gz

But the next error is trickier:
error: Bad source:
rrdtool-1.3.0-beta4-fix-rrd_update-in-php-bindings.patch: No such file
or directory

The only mention of this patch I could locate is in a rhel mailing list:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2008-April/msg01547.html

So I'd like to know whether that message is the entire patch, and if
it's possible to include both patch1 and source1 in the tar file, or at
least in the svn/git repos.

If the files are already there, kindly send a link, I couldn't find them.

Thanks,
-Dani_L.

Re: rpmbuild rrdtool-1.5.3 missing source1, patch1

oetiker
Administrator
Hi Daniel,

I guess the rrdtool.spec file could use some love ...

since php bindings are not part of the rrdtool distribution the
best thing would probably be to remove that bit entirely.

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902