librrd8 ?

Jean-Michel Vourgère
Hi

Out of curiosity, why is librrd.so version is bumping from librrd.so.4
to librrd.so.8 ?

No symbol was removed, only some were added:
+ rrdc_create
+ rrdc_create_r2
+ rrdc_fetch
+ rrdc_first
+ rrdc_flush_if_daemon
+ rrdc_forget
+ rrdc_info
+ rrdc_is_any_connected
+ rrdc_last

We talked about version bumping, but I can't remember why, now :/

If this is a mistake, I suppose it's too late to fix?

Re: librrd8 ?

oetiker
Administrator
the number  got bumped because in some versions of the library the getopt symbols were exported conditionally this is not the case anymore

it bumped from 4 to 8 because previous bumps had been backward compatible

look in configure.ac there is a description of the library numbering scheme.

cheers
tobi

Tobias Oetiker
[hidden email]