how to feed rrdtool unknown values

Andreas Schuldei
I find different notations when googeling for ways to feed unknown values to rrdtool. Things i find are "UNKN", "u", "NaN". I realize it might depend on context and programming language.

My situation: i wrote a perl plugin for collectd (written in c), which uses librrd. What do i need to do in my perl plugin so that "unknown" will turn up in the rrd files?

(I realize that collectd sits in the middle, but I assume its only a very thin layer and doesn't meddle with my data.)

Re: how to feed rrdtool unknown values

oetiker
Administrator
and what you want to use is 'U' (capital)

cheers
tobi

www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902