fetch and change resolution ?

Pawel Dziubek
In my RRD definition i have two RRA fields. First aggregates 5 min
collections, second field 1 hour collection.
If pollers don't get data from routers i have nan values while fetching,
but i don't understand why in fetch results (while getting 1 hour
values) the resolution is changing form 1 hour to 5 min.
Can you tell me why resolution changes to 5 min?

Help        mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
Archive     http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users
WebAdmin    http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/lsg2.cgi

Re: fetch and change resolution ?

Jason Fesler
> Can you tell me why resolution changes to 5 min?

It is picking the most detailed resolution possible for the time period
specified.  man rrdfetch  and look for resolution.

Help        mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
Archive     http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users
WebAdmin    http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/lsg2.cgi

Re: fetch and change resolution ?

Pawel Dziubek
Hi,

is any way to force 1 hour resolution without checking if at endtime were
any values in 1 hour RRA?

Jason Fesler napisa³(a):

> > Can you tell me why resolution changes to 5 min?
>
> It is picking the most detailed resolution possible for the time period
> specified.  man rrdfetch  and look for resolution.

Help        mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
Archive     http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users
WebAdmin    http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/lsg2.cgi

Re: fetch and change resolution ?

Jason Fesler
> is any way to force 1 hour resolution without checking if at endtime were
> any values in 1 hour RRA?
> Jason Fesler napisa³(a):

>> It is picking the most detailed resolution possible for the time period
>> specified.  man rrdfetch  and look for resolution.

        --resolution|-r resolution (default is the highest resolution)
                what interval should the values have (seconds per value). rrd-
                fetch will try to match your request, but it will return data
                even if no absolute match is possible. NB. See note below.