Weird resolution

Jean-Michel Vourgère
Hi

While investigating an issue with PREV(), I found myself unable to
explain the resolution in that case:
- An rrd file "esel.rrd" is created by "create.sh" and filled by "fill.py".

Data is available:
- Every 2 minutes for 12 hours
- Every 8 minutes for 48 hours
- ...

When I graph starting at "end-12h" or "end-11h", I expected a 2 minute
resolution. But what I get is more like a 8 minutes one.
See attached "graph.sh" and the resulting png.
Width is 720 pixels wide: One pixel per minute on a 12 hours period.
The resolution is ok for 10 hours (smooth curve), but 11 hours and 12
hours yield a stair effect.

Is that a bug?

create.sh (234 bytes) Download Attachment
esel.rrd (17K) Download Attachment
fill.py (353 bytes) Download Attachment
graph.sh (792 bytes) Download Attachment