RRDtool without RRDtool

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RRDtool without RRDtool

Kovacs Levente
All,


I have my data in an SQLite database. Is there any way to use only the plot
functions of RRDtool? Somehow plot the data from the database?

Waht I have now is a script that runs gnuplot, but that turned out to be very
slow.

Any pointers?

Thank you in advance,
Levente

--
73 de HA5OGL
Op.: Levente
_______________________________________________
rrd-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.oetiker.ch/cgi-bin/listinfo/rrd-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RRDtool without RRDtool

oetiker
Administrator
Hi Levente,

rrdtool 1.5 and later support callback functions in perl ...

cheers
tobi

Today Lev wrote:

> All,
>
>
> I have my data in an SQLite database. Is there any way to use only the plot
> functions of RRDtool? Somehow plot the data from the database?
>
> Waht I have now is a script that runs gnuplot, but that turned out to be very
> slow.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Levente
>
>

--
Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

_______________________________________________
rrd-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.oetiker.ch/cgi-bin/listinfo/rrd-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RRDtool without RRDtool

Kovacs Levente
On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 13:36:36 +0200 (CEST)
Tobias Oetiker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> rrdtool 1.5 and later support callback functions in perl ...

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll take a look.

However, I found this:

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdgraph_libdbi.en.html

I think this is just what I need. Am I right?

Is there any tutorial for to use with SQLite?


Thanks,
Levente

--
73 de HA5OGL
Op.: Levente
_______________________________________________
rrd-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.oetiker.ch/cgi-bin/listinfo/rrd-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: RRDtool without RRDtool

oetiker
Administrator
Today Lev wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 13:36:36 +0200 (CEST)
> Tobias Oetiker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > rrdtool 1.5 and later support callback functions in perl ...
>
> Thanks for the quick answer. I'll take a look.
>
> However, I found this:
>
> http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdgraph_libdbi.en.html
>
> I think this is just what I need. Am I right?
>
> Is there any tutorial for to use with SQLite?

all the info there is is on the website

cheers
tobi

>
>
> Thanks,
> Levente
>
>

--
Tobi Oetiker, OETIKER+PARTNER AG, Aarweg 15 CH-4600 Olten, Switzerland
www.oetiker.ch [hidden email] +41 62 775 9902

_______________________________________________
rrd-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.oetiker.ch/cgi-bin/listinfo/rrd-users
Loading...