RRDs::error codes

m_elias
I have a new Ubuntu Server 12.10 32bit installation running on a proxmox
vm. I have perl verion 5.14.2, rrdtool and librrds-perl installed.
Running "perl -MRRDs -le 'print q(ok!)'" returns ok!. I am migrating
some home-written perl scripts from an older ubuntu server install that
use the rrds module. My scripts can successfully create the rrd with the
RRDs::create command but RRDs::update seems to have problems, at least
RRDs::error indicates an error but all it returns is "RRDs::error".

>         my $RRDsERR=RDDs::error;
>         if ($RRDsERR){
>             if ($debug > 1){print "RRDs had an error while trying to
> update $rrd/$_[0].ping.rrd > $RRDsERR\n";}
>         }else{
>             if ($debug > 1){print "RRDs successfully updated
> $rrd/$_[0].ping.rrd\n";}
>         }
spits out
> RRDs had an error while trying to update /var/www/test.ping.rrd >
> RDDs::error

I had to remove "use strict" from my perl file which is working on my
older ubuntu install but it was giving me
> Bareword "RDDs::error" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
Matt