RRD different architecture

alix-r

Hello,

I'm gathering a lot of temperatures (by OWFS) with a slow, power saving
Linux  board.

Due to the low speed of the board, I would like to process the RRD on a XP
PC using
RRDTOOL 1.2.28 W32.

Unfortunately the RRD created on Linux , can not directly be processed on
the XP PC.
So I converted it to XML and  transfered the result to the PC. There I tried
to convert
it back to RDD for RDDTOOL  processing.

However, under XP,  I'm  not able to convert it back. I'm getting an error
message
similar like that:

" ERROR: Incompatible file version, detected version. This is not supported
by the
003 restore tool"

Is there a way to convert it anyway ?
How can I generate graph's on the XP PC with a RRD created by LINUX ?

Thanks

Robert

Re: RRD different architecture

alix-r

Is there nobody who can help me to find out what I'm doing wrong  ?

Thanks a lot

alix-r wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm gathering a lot of temperatures (by OWFS) with a slow, power saving
> Linux  board.
>
> Due to the low speed of the board, I would like to process the RRD on a XP
> PC using
> RRDTOOL 1.2.28 W32.
>
> Unfortunately the RRD created on Linux , can not directly be processed on
> the XP PC.
> So I converted it to XML and  transfered the result to the PC. There I
> tried to convert
> it back to RDD for RDDTOOL  processing.
>
> However, under XP,  I'm  not able to convert it back. I'm getting an error
> message
> similar like that:
>
> " ERROR: Incompatible file version, detected version. This is not
> supported by the
> 003 restore tool"
>
> Is there a way to convert it anyway ?
> How can I generate graph's on the XP PC with a RRD created by LINUX ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Robert

Re: RRD different architecture

Fredrik Wänglund-2

I am doing exactly the same thing with TIRD,
https://dev.leipzig.freifunk.net/trac/wiki/TIRD.
The difference is that I am doing the dump/restore on a Linux-host. TIRD
uses QEMU, and QEMU should run in Windows, so it should work for you too...

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:20:37 -0800 (PST), alix-r <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there nobody who can help me to find out what I'm doing wrong  ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>

> alix-r wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm gathering a lot of temperatures (by OWFS) with a slow, power saving
>> Linux  board.
>>
>> Due to the low speed of the board, I would like to process the RRD on a
>> XP
>> PC using
>> RRDTOOL 1.2.28 W32.
>>
>> Unfortunately the RRD created on Linux , can not directly be processed
on

>> the XP PC.
>> So I converted it to XML and  transfered the result to the PC. There I
>> tried to convert
>> it back to RDD for RDDTOOL  processing.
>>
>> However, under XP,  I'm  not able to convert it back. I'm getting an
>> error
>> message
>> similar like that:
>>
>> " ERROR: Incompatible file version, detected version. This is not
>> supported by the
>> 003 restore tool"
>>
>> Is there a way to convert it anyway ?
>> How can I generate graph's on the XP PC with a RRD created by LINUX ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Robert

Re: RRD different architecture

oetiker
Administrator
Alix,

the error would indicate that the xml somehow got mangled as you
transfered it to the pc ...

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch [hidden email] ++41 62 775 9902 / sb: -9900

Re: RRD different architecture

alix-r

Hello ,

Thanks to all who answered.

@ Tobi

I checked the transfered XML file by a XML editor on the XP PC. It seems the
editor can
load the file without problems, at least I didn't get an error during the
load procedure.

Look at here, that's the start of the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE rrd SYSTEM "http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/rrdtool.dtd">
        <step> 60 </step> <!-- Seconds -->
        <lastupdate> 1227037185 </lastupdate> <!-- 2008-11-18 20:39:45 CET -->

        <ds>
                <name> rob_raum </name>
                <type> GAUGE </type>
                <minimal_heartbeat> 120 </minimal_heartbeat>
                <min> 0.0000000000e+00 </min>
                <max> 8.0000000000e+01 </max>

                <!-- PDP Status -->
                <last_ds> 20.6875 </last_ds>
                <value> 9.3366880856e+02 </value>
                <unknown_sec> 0 </unknown_sec>
        </ds>

The data of the RRD can also be seen afterwards.

Therefore I have doubts that the XML file has been damaged anyhow.

Any  idea ?

Thanks a lot

Robert (alix-r)