Python 3 bindings for rrdtool

Christian Jurk
Dear community,

I'm pleased to announce rrdtool-py3k, Python 3 bindings for rrdtool.
They are based on the original Python (2.x) bindings module by Hye-Shik
Chang and available as a native C extension. Furthermore, it provides an
object-oriented interface to RRD files.

The project is hosted on Github (including sources):
https://github.com/commx/rrdtool-py3k

Further documentation and usage examples can be found on the Github
project page. I'd like to encourage users to test the binding and submit
bugs (as its still at a early stage of development) to the issue tracker
there. Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Christian Jurk

http://www.commx.ws
Email: [hidden email]

Note: If you have received this Email message and are not the designated
recipient, please delete this message immediately.

Re: Python 3 bindings for rrdtool

Christian Jurk
Dear community,

I'm pleased to announce version 0.1.1 of python-rrdtool (former rrdtool-py3k). python-rrdtool is a rrdtool Python binding for Python 2 and 3. They are based on the original Python (2.x) bindings module by Hye-Shik Chang and available as a native C extension. Furthermore, it provides an object-oriented interface to RRD files.

Changes in version 0.1.1:
* Added support for Python 2.7. The binding can now handle Python 2.x and 3.x.
* Added dump command (backport of the commit of Steve Dougherty into the official rrdtool python binding).
* Minor fixes regarding the use of the graphv command when using on Python 3.x.

The project is hosted on Github (including sources):
https://github.com/commx/python-rrdtool

2012/9/18 Christian Jurk <[hidden email]>
[...]

I'm pleased to announce version 0.1.2 of python-rrdtool. It's a Python binding for Python 2 and 3. They are based on the original Python (2.x) bindings module by Hye-Shik Chang and available as a native C extension.

Changes in version 0.1.2:
* Added support for the xport command.
* Added support for the lastupdate command.
* On Python 2.x, str objects are now returned instead of unicode objects.
* Improved documentation by adding latest options of rrdtool commands.
* Merged some changes from upstream.

The project is hosted on Github (including sources):
https://github.com/commx/python-rrdtool

They can be installed pretty easily using pip (replace with pip3 for Python 3):
# pip install rrdtool

Further documentation and usage examples can be found on the Github project page. I'd like to encourage users to test the binding and submit bugs (as its still at a early stage of development) to the issue tracker there. Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Christian Jurk

Note: If you've received this mail in error, please delete it immediately. Thank you.