Problem rrdgraph CDEF white space

Franz
I have a problem using rrdgraph
when I define the variable CDEF i can't add paths that contain  white spaces
here is a piece of code (the problem is CG080 vs CG081):

rrdtool graph /opt/graph/$1.gif --title="sa interface" \
-F \
-E \
--height=150 \
--width=500 \
--lower-limit=0 \
--rigid \
--vertical-label=bits/sec \

DEF:ifOutOctets-raw=/opt/rrd/CG080 vs CG081/ifOutOctets_ifOutOctets.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE

Result:   No such file or directory

Thanks

Re: Problem rrdgraph CDEF white space

S Shipway
> From: rrd-users-bounces+s.shipway=[hidden email]
> [mailto:rrd-users-bounces+s.shipway=[hidden email]] On
> Behalf Of Franz
>
> DEF:ifOutOctets-raw=/opt/rrd/CG080 vs
> CG081/ifOutOctets_ifOutOctets.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE
>
> Result:   No such file or directory

You need to quote the DEF line or escape the spaces, otherwise it will be split on the spaces.

"DEF:ifOutOctets-raw=/opt/rrd/CG080 vs CG081/ifOutOctets_ifOutOctets.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE"

Having spaces in directory names and filenames is not a Good Thing and invites trouble.  Routers2 will have problems with a directory name containing spaces, too.  'Whitespace in filenames' is a nasty disease caught from Windows users :).  Replace them with underscores or dots, maybe?

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: [hidden email]
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail