Newbie question: update

Mireia Norberto Bayona

Hi all,

I have been using MRTG till now, and I want to try to use
RRDTOOL, but I don't exactly how update traffic to a file.rrd.

I am using a perl script, following the guide of the manual.
But when I call the process "rrdtool" I don't know how to do it.

When I try to update by my own, copying the values that I obtain
through snmpget, rrdtool never stops, I do the next:

prompt$rrdtool update myrouter.rrd
931769041:3405253790:3193486642

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,