Making RRDs longer

Helios
Hi,

3 years ago I've created some rrds that contain 10 minute values for 3
years. To prevent data to get overwritten I want to enlarge the database
to let's say 10 years. How do I do that?

rrdresize is only to change the number of rows in a specific rra?

Re: Making RRDs longer

Simon Hobson
Benjamin Benziger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 3 years ago I've created some rrds that contain 10 minute values for 3 years. To prevent data to get overwritten I want to enlarge the database to let's say 10 years. How do I do that?
>
> rrdresize is only to change the number of rows in a specific rra?

Which is what you want to do.
RRD does not store a set length of time of values - it stores a preset number of consolidated values. You can have multiple RRAs, eachof which covers a different timescale.

It sounds like you have just one RRA, and all you need to do is set it to store more values.