Increase length of RRD variable data, without losing preexisting data?

Increase length of RRD variable data, without losing preexisting data?

strombrg

Hi.

I have a few df free variables I'm watching using rrdtool, EG
df_complex-free.rrd

They currently all retain data for 12 weeks.

Is there a good way to increase that to 52 weeks, without losing the data
already there?

Thanks!

Re: Increase length of RRD variable data, without losing preexisting data?

Alexander Moisseev
On 05.04.19 4:02, strombrg wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have a few df free variables I'm watching using rrdtool, EG
> df_complex-free.rrd
>
> They currently all retain data for 12 weeks.
>
> Is there a good way to increase that to 52 weeks, without losing the data
> already there?

You need to increase number of rows of the corresponding RRAs. It can be accomplished by using `rrdtool tune` or `rrdtool resize`.

Re: Increase length of RRD variable data, without losing preexisting data?

strombrg

I tried:
rrdtool resize df_complex-free.rrd 0 GROW 5200
...and it exited with a 0 status.

But how can I tell if it's working, without waiting long enough for the
graphs to visibly change?

Also, how can I be sure I specified the correct rra-num?  I have a handful
of RRA's in my rrd files.

On 22.04.19 23:56, strombrg wrote:

> But how can I tell if it's working, without waiting long enough for the
> graphs to visibly change?
>
> Also, how can I be sure I specified the correct rra-num?  I have a handful
> of RRA's in my rrd files.

You can get current RRD configuration with `rrdtool info`.

Re: Increase length of RRD variable data, without losing preexisting data?

Wolfgang Stoeggl
Hello,
you can use "rrdtool info" in order to find out the required information.
You will find both, the rra_num and the info about the rows.

Example:
rrdtool info df_complex-free.rrd

rrdtool resize df_complex-free.rrd 0 GROW 5200
This creates the file resize.rrd

rrdtool info resize.rrd

Have a look at the value of rra[0].rows from info, before and after resize.
For further details see [1].

Best regards
Wolfgang

[1] https://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdresize.en.html

Am Montag, 22. April 2019, 22:56:51 MESZ hat strombrg <[hidden email]> Folgendes geschrieben: