Find network interfaces where a threshold at least once continuously broken for at least one hour

Find network interfaces where a threshold at least once continuously broken for at least one hour

David Knecht
I have a bunch of rrdtool files each storing bandwidth utilization data
of individual network interfaces. I'd like to process those rrdtool
files to find all network interfaces ...

A. ... where the maximum in or out data traffic is - between "now" and
"one week ago" - at least once >50% of the interface's nominal bandwidth
B. ... where this >50% bandwidth utilization threshold is - between
"now" and "one week ago" - *at least once continuously broken for at
least one hour*

I know how to achieve A but I am looking for help to achieve B.

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions.

David

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment