FW: RRD

Van Camp Jan
Hello,

some more news about this please ?

Greetings,
Jan
----Original Message-----
From: Van Camp Jan
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 15:39
To: '[hidden email]'
Subject: RRD

Hello,

i tried to install the rrdtool from the sunfreeware site for solaris 10 sparc,

it succeeded (as well tried the binary isntallation as the compiled one, they both succeeded)

but according to the people of munin (see below) i need the rrdtool with the perl bindings (RRDs.so,...)

they dont seem to be installed with the installation of the rrdtool from sunfreeware,

any idea about this ??

Greetings,
Jan
Belgium

Re: FW: RRD

Jason Fesler
> some more news about this please ?

Don't use sunfreeware?

Compile from source?

If this is beyond your level of expertise, and you're not comfortable with
building things from source, perhaps your system administrators
within your organization can assist.

You might ask, nicely, whoever packaged the sunfreeware package, if they'd
also consider building with perl bindings.

[from what you quoted/forwarded..]
>> You said you also tried to install from source? Did the installation
>> instructions give no hint how to get the Perl bindings?

Re: FW: RRD

Fabien Wernli
On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 12:09:25PM -0700, Jason Fesler wrote:
> You might ask, nicely, whoever packaged the sunfreeware package, if they'd
> also consider building with perl bindings.

too bad you missed sysadminday ;)

Re: FW: RRD

Van Camp Jan
Hello Jason ,

do you know where i can find the source to compile on solaris ??

Thank you !
Jan

If this is beyond your level of expertise, and you're not comfortable with
building things from source, perhaps your system administrators
within your organization can assist.

You might ask, nicely, whoever packaged the sunfreeware package, if they'd
also consider building with perl bindings.

[from what you quoted/forwarded..]
>> You said you also tried to install from source? Did the installation
>> instructions give no hint how to get the Perl bindings?

Disclaimer : https://portal.health.fgov.be/portal/page?_pageid=56,8674425&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Re: FW: RRD

Jason Fesler
> do you know where i can find the source to compile on solaris ??

Visit www.rrdtool.org.  If that site did not work, I would have used
a web search engine for "rrd source" or "rrdtool source".  After you
unpackage the .tgz file, you should use "ls" and look for any file that
says "conf" in it, or in capital letters, and investigate those a bit more
closely for info.