Examples for snmp collection

Kevin Fenn
Does anyone have any examples of the script used to collect data using
snmp and to then put the data collected into the rrd. If anyone has any
examples of this can they please mail them to e as i 'm having trouble
writing a script to collect data and place it into the rrd.

Cheers

Kevin Fenn
Nortel Network
01279 40 3908

Multiple Graphs with Cricket and RRD

Matt Duggan
Hi everyone,

I am using Cricket/RRDTOOL on a Sun Ultra 1 running fully patched
Solaris 2.6. Everything is working fine but I have hit a bit of a
brick wall with a problem I am having.

I am using the standard config-tree and am specifically interested
in targets that reside in
/cricket-config/router-interfaces/routername/interfaces

What I need to do is have multiple graphs on screen but for specific
interfaces
from various subdirectories of router-interfaces/. i.e. router1's Fast
Ethernet
port and router2's Fast Ethernet port.

I tried the targets option as follows (in
cricket-config/router-interfaces) with
a file called interfaces.

target Peering
short-desc = "All interfaces"
directory-desc = "This is a view of all relevant interfaces"
targets = "/router-interfaces/router1/interfaces:FastEthernet0_0_0;
        /router-interfaces/router2/interfaces:Serisl0_1_5;
        /router-interfaces/router3/interfaces:FastEthernet0_0_0"

but this doesn't work...any ideas chaps?

thankyou in advance.

Regards,
Matt.
--
Matt Duggan, Internet Network Services Ltd.
Tel: +44 (0)1203 723 030, Fax: +44 (0)1203 723 049